We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Management team.
As Business Development Manager, the requirement will be to:
To support the business planning process and collaboration with partner organisations.
Explore and evaluate new business opportunities.
Take an active role in contributing to the delivery of the existing contract requirements
The successful applicant will ideally have worked in a programme management or business management role within the NHS or Private Healthcare Environment.
Experience in developing and writing Business Plans and Bids / Business Proposals is desirable.
Applicants must demonstrate an ability to work to tight timescales, manage your own workload, and apply project management techniques to the development of business plans.
Candidates must have excellent communication, influencing and analysis skills, and will be required to engage a range of stakeholders internally and externally.
Market and promote the company to raise awareness amongst our local clinicians via the use of our website, e-mail local presentations and the use of social media.
We are a small company
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Evidence of a work history which includes professional business development experience or a management qualification
• Evidence of developing effective working relationships within and beyond employing organisation
• Business Planning and Marketing experience preferably in the NHS, Primary or secondary care or private healthcare environment.
• Strong project management skills
• Strong analytical skills and verbal/ written communication skills
• Experience of budget planning and management
• Operational planning and implementation
• Negotiation and influencing skills and diplomacy
• Ability to create compelling written proposals including work on formal tenders
• The determination to get in front of the right people
• Knowledge of business start-up and business development and a willingness to work with other professional agencies to access support and funding.
• Good digital marketing / social media experience
• Experience of day-to-day people management and ability to develop others
• Experience of working with NHS or any other Healthcare business consultants
Business Development Manager, responsibilities:
• To develop and implement a business development strategy and marketing plan for Healthcare Professionals (HCP) Ltd
• Maximise promotion of the company’s services by advertising on social media and digital platforms as well as more traditional methods.
• To increase the Nurses and HCAs workforce to build a sustainable workforce.
• To keep yourself and the company directors appraised of NHS / CCG focus and to develop local service initiatives in response to market conditions to maximise business growth.
• To work closely with the Directors to aid decision making and drive business growth by contributing to market intelligence.
• Identifying and exploring new business opportunities
• Negotiating and closing with new clients
• Account management and business development with existing clients
Salary & Benefits:
Healthcare Professionals (HCP) Ltd offers a competitive starting salary
CORE BEHAVIOURS AND SKILLS
• Ability to work with conflicting timescales.
• Ability to maintain systems for keeping abreast of changes in the NHS
• Ability to monitor, maintain and improve service delivery
• Awareness of strategic direction and ensure local business plans take account of the overall direction of HCP 5 Year Forward View.
• Ability to communicate and network effectively, negotiate and influence others considering the multi-professional and organisational cultures
• Highly developed communication skills with an ability to produce a range of documents to varying audiences, both internal and external some of which is of a confidential, sensitive nature
CORE KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
• Demonstrates an understanding of both the NHS culture and of the cultures of the different health professional groups
• Work within HR guidance and toolkits for HR processes for workforce planning, recruitment, and selection.
• Understanding of Commissioning, contracting and service agreements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Contributes to the development of the Company’s own governance and infrastructure.
identifying and assessing service redesign; financial planning and quality improvement.
• Presents proposals to the Directors liaising with external partners as appropriate
• Assists in the development of and monitors activity plan making adjustments as necessary
• Ensures administration processes support efficient pathways
• Works in partnership with colleagues and external agencies to ensure high-quality patient care is delivered
• Participates appropriately in the investigation of complaints
• Assists in the development and monitoring of Service Level Agreements for services provided by or to others.
• Produces reports and proposals, including spreadsheets.
• Supports the Company Directors in the interface with commissioners
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Agrees and co-ordinates actions with other partners to ensure co-operative working
• Uses influencing and collaboration skills in service planning
• Communicates effectively in electronic format to convey messages to the team.
• Develops successful working relationships with external customers and effective service level agreements
• Develops excellent working relationships with internal colleagues and is proactive in developing links with other Healthcare Providers.
• Present business plans to Managers and clinicians
• Communicates complex information to staff, e.g.: workforce, finance, and operational information.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Spends much of the working day working at PC or on the telephone and in, or traveling to, meetings.
• Must be able to cope with a diverse workload
• Need the ability to concentrate on work whilst multitasking
• Travels between sites and external partners.
To apply, please send your cv to :
Tel. No: 0203 633 1021